Bringing a vintage & evocative touch to an offbeat world!


Saturday, August 11, 2012

All I can do is hold onto these scriptures...these amazing words...this incredible living Word of God...my Bible....
these verses I cling to:

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still"
Exodus 14:14

"Be still & know that I am God"

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer & supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God"
Phil 4:6

"Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you"
Luke 11:9

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you"
Psalm 55:22

"Find rest in your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light"
Matt 11:30

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive"
Matt 21:22

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds"
Psalm 147:3

"If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you"
John 15:7
..........................
these are just a few of thousands of LIVING, active, breathing, true words for YOU and me.

what I get out of these is this:
You believe, you have faith, you abide in the Lord, you hold onto Him, you rely on Him...and in return, He will do above and beyond what we can imagine....He said it. Its in the Word...it is written....having faith is believing in the unseen....right now, for me, I see a very unknown future...I am angry and devastated...BUT I believe, I am holding onto the promises my INCREDIBLE God has promised me....He says He will never leave us or forsake us...He is all we need. He is all I need. He says we need only to BE STILL...and watch HIM fight for us. If you are like me, a hopeless romantic, whose desire is for a prince to fight for her...then you can know that I am believing in that for my future...but I know that Jesus is my perfect husband right now...He holds me, carries me, FIGHTS for me...He is the perfect prince, the perfect date, the ultimate romantic. He is everything.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

vintage love Pictures, Images and Photos
Retro Background Edit Pictures, Images and Photos